We are thankful and greatful to Dr Rakesh Garg, AIIMS hospital for addressing concerns of all sarcoma patients and caregivers on covid vaccination in our patient support group meeting that was organised yesterday. It was a great interactive session .We are happy to share some key points of the meeting. Key points of the meeting are ….
1.All patients must go ahead with vaccination.
2. All patients on chemotherapy and radiation can take any vaccine.
3.Thrre should be gap of 4 weeks of you take covaxine shots and gap of 3 months if you take covishield shots .
4. Even after two vaccination, maintain the norm of social distancing and keep wearing masks and carry sanitizer.
5. Pregnant ladies and lactating mothers can go ahead with vaccination.
6. Diabetic, BP , heart ailment , kidney ailment patients can also take vaccination.
7. If you have suffered from covid , you need to have a gap of 3 months to take covid vaccination
8. Patients who are on targeted therapy like pazopanib, sorafenib , Regorafenib, sunitinib can also take vaccination.
9. To keep children safe , it is important that all elders in the family must get themselves vaccinated .